Thursday, June 9, 2011

The first miles

Jim here,
     Well the first miles are done, and we all survived, well except my water bottle as Mimi was wont to tell. We arrived at the first campsite, and I put my kickstand  down and was beginning to get my tent and camping gear out when I looked to my side and Fred and Mimi had already set up their tent (looking very much like an ad for REI) and were getting food ready for the evening meal. By the time I had set up MY tent (with a little help from the experts) dinner was on and the mosquitos were welcoming us.
    Same thing in the morning I began to break down my tent and get my gear stashed  and walked outside to see that they had cleaned their site completely of any evidence that anyone had EVER been there and were fixing coffee and tea and breakfast.
    We started out with the sun shining and finished our journey with fish tacos and beer at Hop Valley (where Fred and Mimi have there own engraved mugs). So 80 or so miles in a day and a half with no events (except the aforementioned loss of a water bottle) with beautiful weather and a ride through Eugene on bike trails and beer and tacos to finish it all off.

No comments:

Post a Comment